tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shankar Unni <shankaru...@netscape.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat con pooling to Oracle RAC
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:29:26 GMT
Frank W. Zammetti wrote:
> Yep, I had a coworker suggest using the OCI driver as well...

And you have to use the right JDBC driver as well.

At least up to the 9.* timeframe, Oracle used to release two JDBC
drivers: one was a thin-only driver with its "JDBC" distribution, and
one was the full "thick" driver, both of which were approximately the
same size, and both called ojdbc14.jar. (Just to confuse things). But
the thin-only driver could not use the OCI library.

I'm not sure if the situation has changed in 10.*. I do know that the
JDBC driver in the Oracle InstantClient distribution is a full
thick-and-thin driver, and comes bundled with the OCI libraries to boot..