tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Holger Klawitter <lis...@klawitter.de>
Subject Re: tomcat does not like cmdline args of wget?
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:17:19 GMT
QM wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 11:04:03AM +0200, Holger Klawitter wrote:
> : what might be the reasion that
> :   wget http://theUser:thePass@theHost/someURL
> : is working, whereas
> :   wget --http-user=theUser --http-passwd=thePass http://theHost/someURL
> : yields "Authorization failed" (401)? (I also tried --cookies=on)
>
> I don't know off the top of my head, but you could (temporarily) enable
> RequestDumperValve and compare the two requests.

There is one indeed interesting difference, both requests end up with a
different (each one is reproducable) auth string:

INFO:             header=authorization=Basic ******F0OjE1c***emxl
INFO:             header=authorization=Basic ******VyOjI3Y***ZQ==

("******" and "***" is manual masking)

Am I right to assume wget to be the culprit?

--
With Kind Regards / Mit freundlichem Gruß
  Holger Klawitter (listen <at> klawitter <dot> de)