tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Holger Klawitter <lis...@klawitter.de>
Subject Re: percent in URL makes tomcat chocke
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 18:24:42 GMT
Tim Diggins wrote:
>        The percent sign ("%", ASCII 25 hex) is used as the escape
>        character in the encoding scheme and is never allowed for anything
>        else.

Thanks for your pointer!

This however means that you cannot store debian packages on a rfc1630
compliant server. (Most) other webservers treat percent sings as escape
characters only when it comes to the query part of the URL.

I have sent a "bug report" to the Debian maintainers - I'll be interested in
their reply :-)

With Kind Regards / Mit freundlichem Gruß
  Holger Klawitter (listen <at> klawitter <dot> de)