tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hernan Ochoa <>
Subject debugging tomcat itself with netbeans
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:08:10 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to debug tomcat itself v5.5.9 using netbeans 4.1 without much luck.
I'm able to attach to a running instance of tomcat using JPDA, but
then my breakpoints are activated erraticaly.

Did someone try this before?
These are the things I did:

-compiled tomcat 5.5.9 with a file containing:
-I added all .java files into a new netbeans project (I created a new
project with the option "new project with existing java source files"
or sthg like that)
-I run tomcat using the command /bin/ jpda start
-I attach to the instance of tomcat running with netbeans
-I set the breakpoints by toggling them into the .java source files I
added on netbeans. Sometimes I do this from the Files window, and
sometimes from the Projects windows. Here I'm not sure what's the
right way to go.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.
If anyone has sucessfully debugged tomcat with another debugger,
please let me know also.

Thanks in advance.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: