tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anoop kumar V <anoopkum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to change "default" logs path directory
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:45:31 GMT
why dont u just use log4j.

You can have the log4j.jar in the common/lib folder and each webapp
can have an individual log4j.properties file in the webapp classpath.
YOu can configure log4j.properties to have a filehandler
(FileAppender).

check this also:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/logging.html

HTH
-Anoop

On 6/27/05, Mohamed Lokbani <lokbani@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> OS: Windows
> Tomcat: 5.5.9
> Tomcat User: student without privilege, will not have the wright to
> write in CATALINA_HOME
> Each student will have its own "webapps", logs, work etc. directories.
>
> By default all logs in Tomcat 5.5.9 are written in CATALINA_HOME/logs directory.
>
> "Logs doc"
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/logging.html
>
> [ As you read these questions, please keep in mind that Tomcat's
> internal logging is separate from your own webapp's logging. You would
> typically be concerned only with your own webapp's logging.]
>

> I suppose by "Tomcat's internal logging" they meant the logs sent to
> the file catalina.YYYY-MM-DD.log?
>
> if so, how to change the default directory of the "Tomcat's internal logging"?
>
> Why I want to do it ....
>
> As I said, I would like each user, without privilege, running Tomcat
> on a windows machine to have his/her own logs, even the server logs. I
> tried to move elsewhere the logs, by changing the default path.
>
> For localhost's log file, I added AccessLogValve to the engine and
> host in server.xml; and context in context.xml, problem resolved.
>
> But I didn't find a way to change the default directory for the file
> catalina.YYYY-MM-DD.log!
>

> Thx!

Thanks and best regards,
Anoop