tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anoop kumar V <anoopkum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: img tag's src not working for image files in a JSP in tomcat 5.5
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:34:11 GMT
Even I faced this frustrating problem recently - I couldnt really
solved it and just switched images - (I created a new image and it
somehow worked)..... I am just trying to get u a workaround (not
exactly a cause analysis of your problem) - HTH

-Anoop

On 6/27/05, Ryan Champlin <ryan.champlin@firstlogic.com> wrote:
> I've tried clearing my browser cach and tried both Firefox and IE.  Neither seem to be
able to access those images at that location.  So I don't think it's the browser necessarily.

> Not using SSL and don't have any security in place for this application.
>
> Ryan

none of them seem to be working.
> > I'm using Netbeans 4.1 with Tomcat 5.5.  My application is using the MVC patter
so I have a controller that is using the request dispatcher to forward a request to a JSP
page.

> > Basically I have an application at the context "/Company".
> >
> > I have all my images in a folder called "img" and all my JSP's in a folder called
"jsp".

> > I've tried using relative paths to the image directory and the images don't show
up in the browser however if I look at the URL it seems right.
> > I right-clicked to get properties and copied the URL:
> >
> > http://localhost:8085/Company/img/image.jpg
> >
> > If I paste that into a browser I get a 404 error from Tomcat.  However, if I take
off the image name and do:

> > http://localhost:8085/Company/img
> >
> > I get a listing of the image files.  If I click on the link for the image "image.jpg"
it opens the file in the browser and I see the URL as:

> > http://localhost:8085/Company/img/image.jpg
> >
> > which is exactly the same as what I had manually typed in.  Doesn't make any sense
to me as to why it works one way and not the other.  Possibly a permissions issue?

> > Can anyone shed some light on why I can't get my image files to show up in my JSP
pages?

> > Thanks,
> > Ryan

Thanks and best regards,