tomcat-users mailing list archives

From AAKhop...@overnite.com
Subject sporadic problem connecting from Apache web server to Tomcat 5
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:13:46 GMT
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anybody has seen an intermittent communication error
between Apache web server and Tomcat.  We were seeing something happening
intermittently about every 15-30 minutes where the apache logs were showing
something like this:

[Tue Jun 21 14:47:25 2005] [error] [client CLIENT_IP_ADDRESS] proxy: error
reading status line from remote server MY IP ADDRESS, referer:
https://blah.blah.blah/blah/blah.do

[Tue Jun 21 14:47:25 2005] [error] [client CLIENT_IP_ADDRESS] proxy: Error
reading from remote server returned by /blah/blah.do, referer:
https://blah.blah.blah/blah/blah.do

And neither the tomcat logs nor the tomcat access logs actually showed any
entries around this time.

Amarish

NOTE:  THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND NONPUBLIC INFORMATION.  IT IS INTENDED ONLY
FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) OR ENTITY(IES) NAMED ABOVE, AND OTHERS SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED
TO RECEIVE IT.  If you are not the intended recipient of this document, you are notified that
any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If
you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by return email,
delete the electronic message and destroy any printed copies.  Thank you for your cooperation.