tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject tomcat unable to serve struts action
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:41:56 GMT

I have an application using Apache 2.0.54, Tomcat 5.0.27 & Struts 1.1 on a
Windows 2003 SP1 box.

*.jsp and *.do get forwarded to Tomcat for processing.

When a particular folder is requested in a URL with no filename, I want a
struts action to get called. For example
should result in

I have configured the triggering of the / in Apache and it does
seem to pass the request onto Tomcat as I see the following in the tomcat
access log.  However Tomcat is unable to process the action and its
causing the errorpage to trigger. - - [14/Jun/2005:13:37:16 +0000] "GET / HTTP/1.1"
200 12608 - - [14/Jun/2005:13:37:17 +0000] "GET /errorpage.jsp
HTTP/1.1" 200 11317

If I access directly the page is correctly

Should it be possible for Tomcat to process a struts action as a default
page through Apache? Is there another way I can do this?

Thanks in advance,