tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Clarkson" <robert.clark...@broadmediatechnology.com>
Subject Removing the default server error pages
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:26:38 GMT
Hi there, I am using tomcat 5.5 as an RTSP server, and I need to send
response codes back, but I do not need to send any HTML response back. I
know that I can change the response page that is returned by editing web.xml
and adding the following

<error-page>
     <error-code>404</error-code>
     <location>/index.html</location>
</error-page>

But what I need is to prevent tomcat from sending an error page altogether.
It seems to me that I could get all of the error codes to redirect to an
empty page, but this is sloppy, I would much rather change something to
prevent tomcat from sending a page back.

Any help much appreciated

Rob