tomcat-users mailing list archives

From LERBSCHER Jean-Pierre <>
Subject RE : AW: Load all JSP pages on startup
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:12:30 GMT
For WebLogic you can use:
- ANT task (wlappc);
- appc compiler;
- setting the precompile parameter to true in the <jsp-descriptor> element
of the weblogic.xml deployment descriptor to configure WebLogic Server to
precompile your JSPs when a Web Application is deployed or re-deployed or
when WebLogic Server starts up;

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Bernhard Slominski []
Envoyé : mercredi 29 juin 2005 15:40
À : 'Tomcat Users List'
Objet : AW: AW: Load all JSP pages on startup

> We have a custom (non-generated) web.xml, with some taglibs
> and servlets defined in there.
> Precompilation is tomcat dependend I suppose?

You're right precompliation is tomcat dependent, but it works like this that
the ant task takes your (non-tomcat dependent) web.xml and just adds the
mappings for the precompiled JSPs, so it would still be possible to use one
single web.xml and then have a jsp server target-dependent precomplitation
task, but I don't know how that works in resin or Weblogic, and I see your
point now.

Sorry, but I don't have a better solution for you!

> I was hoping there was a simple way in the web deployment
> descriptor to
> load them all on startup, in a webserver independed way.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: