tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Trice, Jim" <jtr...@haastcm.com>
Subject Shared web.xml
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 19:01:15 GMT
All,
   I inherited a tomcat installation with two tomcat servers running RedHat
Enterprise 3 and tomcat 4.1. They are being load balanced behind a netscaler.
The webapps directory and thus the web.xml files for each context are shared
via NFS. The problem I have is that any time the web.xml is updated for a
context that context is reloaded. Since the web.xml file is shared that means
both servers reload the context at the same time. That means downtime. I know
I can set up a local copy of web.xml and create a link to that but this makes
things more complicated. Is there any way to force tomcat 4 to wait to reload
the class until a reload is requested? I have tried reloadable="false" for
each context.
Thanks,
Jim T.