tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Wallace, Scott" <SWALL...@kmg.com>
Subject Scalability issue question
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 18:28:38 GMT
Currently using IIS and the ISAPI Tomcat redirect.   Would like to just
use Tomcat instead but don't know if it can handle my static content.
The book "Apache Tomcat 5" published by WROX warns of performance issues
with static content, but ComputerWorld just did an article about
Weather.com running their site on multiple load balanced Tomcat servers
servicing 18 million hits a day.
http://www.computerworld.com/softwaretopics/os/linux/story/0,10801,92583
,00.html

I currently only get around 250 k hits per day but we're about to
integrate email with Livelink and that puts me into a whole new
performance arena.   Any thoughts or guidance would be appreciated.

Scott Wallace
Livelink Global Infrastructure Coordinator
swallace@kmg.com
405-270-2027 wk
405-323-2237 cell
405-228-6027 fax
"I have an existential map; it has 'you are here'
 written all over it. " - Steven Wright

Important Notice!!
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, any use, distribution or copying
of the message is prohibited.
Please let me know immediately by return e-mail if you have received this message by mistake,
then delete the e-mail message.
Thank you.