tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dale, Matt" <Matt.D...@beCogent.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat memory question
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:38:10 GMT

Both active sessions and the number of webapps will fill up your heap. Within 64MB I think
you will struggle to run 15-20 webapps but without knowing the exact size of them all and
the amount of hits you expect I couldn't say for sure.

Ta
Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Charl Gerber [mailto:charlgerber@yahoo.com]
Sent: 14 June 2005 10:33
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat memory question

My tomcat instance is now running 10 webapps and will
most likely get more, in the region of 15. My service
provider configures my server with 64MB heap space.

Question is, what affects the memory usage? Purely the
number of hits (ie active sessions) or the number of
webapps as well? Should my server run ok with 64MB
heap memory for say 15 or maybe even 20 webapps?

The apps itself are rather small.

Thanks.

Charl