tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Benussi" <mark_benu...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Version issue in coding
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:21:46 GMT
Well without wishing to sound petty....

Your development environment should replicate you server environment as
closely as possible.

Understandably you may develop on windows but run on UNIX but anything else
such as Tomcat, JVM, and any 3rd party Jars should be of the same version.

The problem is in a JSP I think which I guess you have worked out.

-----Original Message-----
From: Amrendra Kumar [mailto:amar9944@gmail.com]
Sent: 23 June 2005 11:54
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Version issue in coding

hi

we did coding in tomcat  5.0 on local machine, it's working fine.

But when we uploaded to a remote site , i.e web server which has tomcat
5.5.9
and giving this error

org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandle
r.java:84)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:3
28)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:397)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:288)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:267)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:255)
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:5
56)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:2
93)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:291)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
javax.

where I had gone wrong.... version issue or something else

Regards
--
Amrendra Kumar