tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bacon Serker" <baconser...@hotmail.com>
Subject java.lang.IllegalStateException: getCreationTime: Session already invalidated
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:22:54 GMT
Hello,
We've recently upgraded several servers from 5.0.28 to 5.5.9.  We're now
seeing intermittent occurances of
java.lang.IllegalStateException: getCreationTime: Session already
invalidated

Our code caches sessions in a threadlocal at the beginning of the request.
When code attempts to get the session out of the threadlocal, we call
getCreationTime on the session, as an effort to ensure the session has not
timed out/somehow become invalid.  This has worked well for us for years, in
the 5.0.x releases and I think even the 4.1.x releases.  On 5.5, it seems to
arbitrarily throw the IllegalStateException mentioned above.  However,
hitting the same page again w/ the same session by reloading the browser
will work - so the session has become valid again!  I cannot reproduce the
problem by hitting the same sequence of pages again - it truly seems to be a
random occurance.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appeciated.

Bacon Serker