tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Can't get tomcat-5.5.9 to talk SSL
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 05:09:39 GMT
> From: Rob Tanner [mailto:rtanner@linfield.edu]
> Subject: Re: Can't get tomcat-5.5.9 to talk SSL

(Please use plain text, not HTML, for list messages.  Makes everybody's
lives easier and safer.)

> The other thing I wonder about because it's not clear to me:
> the certs file, /usr/java/security/cacerts, contains both the
> Thawte root certificate (already included in the jvm) and the
> certificate signed by Thawte.  Is that correct or should they
> be two separate files and how are they declared?

Can't say, especially since we don't know how you created this file.
Have you tried the simple, self-signed certificate described in the SSL
how-to?  You might want to make sure you can get that working before
advancing to commercial certificates.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.