tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Can't get tomcat-5.5.9 to talk SSL
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 03:06:23 GMT
> From: Rob Tanner [mailto:rtanner@linfield.edu]
> Subject: Can't get tomcat-5.5.9 to talk SSL
>
> I try to access port 8443 (https://www:8443) and Firefox pops up a
> dialogue box with the message "Firefox and www cannot communicate
> securely because they have no common encryption algorithms".

Do you have the following in the connector?
	sslProtocol="TLS"
Although this is supposed to be the default, there's a bug in 5.5.9 that
doesn't establish the default properly, so you have to specify the
protocol explicitly.  I believe the fix is already in CVS and will be
part of the 5.5.10 release.

If you did specify the sslProtocol explicitly, then I don't know what to
tell you, since following the SSL instructions worked for me on several
different platforms.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.