tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Weseloh, Markus" <Markus.Wese...@gedas.de>
Subject AW: WebSphere SOAP under tomcat
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:08:26 GMT
Hi,

I have to confess that I'm an Axis beginner. I've managed to write my own
WebService in Axis and generate the corresponding client stub. But the
specific service I want to use diverges from the standard. The people who
generated the WebSphere client implementation said, that they have to
manipulate the generated stub so that it works correctly. Now I have to
identitfy this manipulation and try to implement it for Axis. That's an
option, but I would prefer to use the existing version...if there is a way
to do it.

Regards
Markus

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Bruno Georges [mailto:Bruno.Georges@glencore.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 30. Juni 2005 13:48
An: Tomcat Users List
Cc: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Betreff: Re: WebSphere SOAP under tomcat

If you have the WSDL you can generate clients very easily.
For AXIS as wella s PHP, Perl, etc...
For Java use tools suchas wsdl2java, then SOAP implementation such as axis
will do.

Hope this helps.
Bruno Georges

Glencore International AG
Tel. +41 41 709 3204
Fax +41 41 709 3000

                      "Weseloh,

                      Markus"                  To:
"'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                      <Markus.Weseloh@         cc:

                      gedas.de>                Subject: WebSphere SOAP under
tomcat

                      30.06.05 13:43   Distribute:

                      Please respond   Personal?               |-------|

                      to "Tomcat Users                         | [ ] x |

                      List"                                    |-------|

Hi,

currently I'm developing an application for Tomcat 5.0.28. Now I want to
call a SOAP service but for this service exists only a client implementation
for the WebSphere libs. Is there a way to use this client implementation
under an standalone Tomcat? The first missing dependency is the file
webservices.jar from WebSphere, but when I look in the MANIFEST.MF of
webservices.jar I can find a lot of JARs that are required by
webservices.jar...and don't want to know how many libs are required by these
JARs. Does anybody know how I can use the WebSphere Client implementation of
the SOAP service (or ist the only way for me to generate an Axis
implementation manually)? One more info: the client implementation works
under WAS 5.1.1.4.

Regards
Markus Weseloh