tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gulshan Babajee <gulshan.baba...@parabolemaurice.com>
Subject Java processes in tomcat...
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 08:34:51 GMT
Hi, I've posted this question sometimes ago, but did not receive any reply.
Am sending it again if ever someone has got an answer meanwhile

Am actually using tomcat version 5.0.28 on Red Hat Linux 6.2. What i've
notice is that each time i compile my java classes, copy them to
/WEB-INF/classes dir. and then redeploy my web application consisting of jsp
pages, I saw the number of java process increases when I do a 'ps -aux'

That is if before compilation of my java classes there were 30 java
processes, then after compilation I saw 30 new java processes when I did a
'ps -aux' The problem is that tomcat does not kill the previous java
processes that were associated with my old java classes. Subsequently if I
do 5 compilation, I'll get (5 x 40) java processes and finally I got an
'OutOfMemoryError'.

Can anyone please tell me what's the cause of the above problem and how to
resolve it. thanks in advance