tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Surendrakumar Viswanathan \(suviswan\)" <suvis...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: Java processes in tomcat...
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:10:02 GMT
Which compiler do you use for compiling JSP pages also have you enabled fork during jsp compiler.
I think there are some known issues with this fork option.

-Surendra

-----Original Message-----
From: √ėyvind Johansen [mailto:oyvind@electrictimecar.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 2:35 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Java processes in tomcat...

Possible reasons (not really sure here):

You open a filestream, but you do not close it after use You start a Thread that never finishes
(no stop when tomcat runs destroy() on your webapp) You start a ServerSocket listener that
doesn't timeout or stop gracefully.
Some other reason I do not see.

Oyvind Johansen
ElectricTimeCar, Norway