tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Lederrey <guillaume.leder...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: what is wrong with this tomcat-users.xml?
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2005 20:57:57 GMT
On 6/24/05, Christian Stalp <stalp@imbei.uni-mainz.de> wrote:
> Hello, I still have this strange Problem with my Debian Tomcat installation:
> I make some entrys in my tomcat-users.xml:
[...]
> And get this as result on my browser:
> [quote]
> HTTP Status 404 - /admin/j_security_check
>
> type Status report
>
> message /admin/j_security_check
>
> description The requested resource (/admin/j_security_check) is not available.
> Apache Tomcat/4.1
> [/quote]

  It seems the problem is more related to the configuration of FORM
authentication than to your tomcat-users.xml. (I cant really say more
...)

> But I installed all the debian tomcat packages, including the tomcat4-admin
> package. Is the Debian-Tomcat packages not recommendet at the moment?
> Should I install the packages from the catalina-homepage?

  It seems the recommended approach is to use the official
distribution from the tomcat homepage. At the same time you will be
able to upgrade to 5.5.9 instead of 4.1.

  Sorry for not being more helpfull ...

    Guillaume