tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject [OT] Sharing session with manual jsessionid
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:38:01 GMT
Hi,

We are using embedded XML requests within out browser and I would like to share information
through 1 session since these XML requests create new requests with their own sessions.

I am obtaining the outer session with session.getId and manually adding jsessionid=<%=
session.getId() %> to the XML requests in the hope that the jsessionid will override the
presence of cookies in the internal JSP that the XML request hits.

However, it does not, and the internal JSP generates another session id.

I don't think this can be helped can it?

Cheers, Allistair

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474