tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rob Tanner <rtan...@linfield.edu>
Subject Can't get tomcat-5.5.9 to talk SSL
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 00:07:13 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to setup tomcat-5.5.9 (jvm 1.5.0_03) for SSL.  I went through the
applicable steps in the SSL Configuration HOW-TO which for me included
importing my Thawte cert into cacerts, uncommenting out the SSL Coyote
HTTP/1.1 Connector for port 8443 entry in server.xml and adding keystoreFile
and keystorePass attributes.  The cert is a Thawte standard format
certificate.  I restarted tomcat and no errors are being reported.  I try to
access port 8443 (https://www:8443) and Firefox pops up a dialogue box with
the message "Firefox and www cannot communicate securely because they have no
common encryption algorithms".

I don't see anything else in the HOW-TO that needs to be done.  What am I
missing?

Thanks.

--
Rob Tanner