tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nikola Milutinovic <Nikola.Milutino...@ev.co.yu>
Subject Re: iterate on a value
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 06:16:06 GMT
David Rickard wrote:

> If you don't mind mixing Struts and JSTL, use a <c:forEach> loop, with
> the "end" value being the "number of children" parameters;
>
> At 11:00 AM 6/30/2005, Dewitte RĂ©mi wrote:
>
>> Hello !
>> In my form , i ask the number of children. On the next page, i'd like to
>> display as many textboxes as children to get their name.
>> <logic:iterate> provides iteration on array or collection, how can i
>> iterate
>> on the number of children ?

A word of caution on mixing Struts and JSTL - there are situation when
it breaks. I've had a webapp, using Struts 1.1 and JSTL 1.0 (Jakarta
JSTL) and the application did not want to deploy at all. When removed
JSTL, it ran just fine.

As for the original question, well, the Action class in between those
two requests can build an array for iteration. It is ugly, but it works.

Nix.