tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Diggins <subscri...@red56.co.uk>
Subject Re: Remote deployment
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 21:35:44 GMT
Hi -

Have you read the "Application Developers Guide"?
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/appdev/

contains a great overview of best practices & a very useful build.xml
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/appdev/build.xml.txt

as for docs of the tasks themselve, I think the only reliable online
documentation is the javadocs for catalina-ant, which dictate how to use
the various tasks (the tasks translate into classes).

for the deploy task:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/catalina/docs/api/org/apache/catalina/ant/DeployTask.html

and if you don't want to create a war file, then you'll have to get the
files to the server first and then use the "localWar", otherwise you can
use a local "war" file:// url which will upload them.

(typically localWar is quick and dirty for use on your local development
machine, then war it up - very easy with the build.xml above - and use
the war style of the deploy task.)

-- Tim