tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Singleton <p...@jbgb.com>
Subject how many Manager apps need I configure?
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:24:32 GMT
I have two virtual hosts under 5.5.9, on separate IP addresses
and with different SSL certificates, each with just one web app.

The Manager App HOW-TO says:

  If you have Tomcat configured to support multiple virtual hosts
  (websites) you would need to configure a Manager for each.

so I did, but in each manager I can see both web apps.

My server.xml is structured like this:

<Server port="8005" ...
   <Service name="AAA" ...
     <Connector ...
     <Engine name="AAA" ...
       <Host name="aaa.com" ...
         <Context path="" ...
         <Context path="/manager" ...
   <Service name="BBB" ...
     <Connector ...
     <Engine name="BBB" ...
       <Host name="bbb.com" ...
         <Context path="" ...
         <Context path="/manager" ...

and each manager lists 4 apps at these paths:

   /
   /aaa
   /bbb
   /manager

where the / path seems to duplicate either aaa or bbb,
but reports different nos of sessions.

Anyway, right now I don't entirely trust what either
manager tells me, I wonder why I need one for each virtual
host, and wonder whether one would be enough, and if so,
how to configure it?

Paul Singleton