tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Novotny <novo...@aei.mpg.de>
Subject Re: how do i restrict servlet access? / blocking URLs
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 18:32:01 GMT

Hi Jim,

   Thanks-- I just looked at using a filter as a solution, but there
seems to be a problem. I want the servlet in webapp A to be able to
dispatch to B but not a user. The problem is the filter will block all
requests including the dispatch from A. I need a way to somehow ensure
that A can invoke servlet B in web app B but not a user navigating
directly... any ideas are greatly appreciated.
    Actually one question would be how to create a filter that allows
incoming requests from that same machine but not IP's outside of it I guess?

   Thanks, Jason