tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject [OT] encoding differences between 1.4.1 and 1.4.2?
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:00:04 GMT
Hi!

I must have missed something.

Given scenario:
A linux system running with ISO encoding.
Java and Tomcat configured to use UTF-8 anyway (-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8, etc)
Works like a charm with Java 1.4.1_03

But if I change only the JDK to java 1.4.2_08 it wont work anymore -
means it reads my UTF-8 files correctly but the transferred HTML-Pages
are encoded in ISO-8859-1.
Content-Type is correctly set to UTF-8.

Notice, I just installed a new JDK. I can switch between them and it
works/works not/works/works not.

Any clue?
It looks like as if the socket do some magic charset conversion since 1.4.2?
Is there another JVM parameter for 1.4.2?

Ciao,
Mario