tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nikola Milutinovic <Nikola.Milutino...@ev.co.yu>
Subject Re: Uploading files to another server
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 06:35:10 GMT
Anna Bikkina wrote:

>Hi,
>
>We have an application which uploads files to a machine where tomcat is
>running. Now we want to change it to upload files to a central server in
>the network. We were using multipart request to upload the files till
>now. How can we upload files to a different server than where the tomcat
>is running.
>
>Any suggestions are appreciated. Can you please point me to some
>examples.

Hi Anna.

You didn't say if you wanted to change anything besides the final file
location, so I'll assume you don't want to change it. Well, it is just a
question of how can your Tomcat server reach that new destination. It
would be best if it could be done seamlessly, like through a mounted
file system. Again, you didn't provide us with details, which OS is
running  on both of those machines.

Anyway, you can use combinations of NFS mounts and SMB mounts, where
servers can run Linux or Windows.

Nix.