tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Leone <midnightj...@cox.net>
Subject Re: IE-Page not found problem
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 03:16:29 GMT

Frank W. Zammetti wrote:

> ... The point being that even if you can disable the option in Tomcat
> (and I'm not sure you can?)

Yes, it can be done with a simple <valve>. See earlier message in this
thread for details, or follow the link to the Tomcat bug database in my

> FYI, I wound up writing a filter that lets me define paths that WILL
> NOT have the cache headers set, all others they are set for (because
> all but three paths in my app needed the headers set, the 3 were where
> PDFs get generated).  I use this in place of the Struts setting.  This
> filter will appear in my Sourceforge JavaWebParts project, in case
> anyone else might be interested.

Keep in mind, this is not just a problem with pdf files. It will happen
when IE uses SSL to download *any* file that is not being rendered in
the browser, when the no-cache directive is included in the response.

-Mark