tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help/Examples setting up security settings
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:31:26 GMT
Gagnon, Joseph M (US SSA) wrote:
<snip>
> 2.	I have placed a WEB-INF directory under my test application
> directory ([tomcat install dir]/webapps/ROOT/SPID_JSP) and put a web.xml
> file in it. (SPID_JSP is where the JSP and HTML files reside.)
<snip>

You will need to fix this before anything stands a chance of working.
The ROOT web application and SPID_JSP web application should be in
separate directories. You should have [tomcat install dir]/webapps/ROOT/
for the root context and [tomcat install dir]/webapps/SPID_JSP for your app.

HTH,

Mark