tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nikola Milutinovic <Nikola.Milutino...@ev.co.yu>
Subject Re: Paths for JkMount
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:57:22 GMT
Greg Scott wrote:

> [...]
Paths for JkMount

>Hello -
>
>I am working on a proof of concept application, porting from tomcat 3.n and Apache 1.3
to Tomcat 5.5.9 and Apache 2.0.52. The problem - every time this app would try to execute
a .jsp file, Apache would return an error.  After a bunch of troubleshooting in httpd.conf,
I found the problem.  It was these JkMount directives:

>	JkMount /servlets/* worker1
>	JkMount /*.jsp worker1
>	JkMount /*.do worker1
>
>I was assuming these paths were all really relative to my DocumentRoot - but noooooo!
 The path evidently needs to be a real, absolute path.

>These directives work:
>
>	JkMount /var/www/html/{approot}/servlets/* worker1
>	JkMount /var/www/html/{approot}/*.jsp worker1
>	JkMount /var/www/html/{approot}/*.do worker1
>
>(where {approot} is the directory with all the html, jsp, and other
>files.)
>
>And now the app seems to behave properly.
>
>But this bothers me - aren't all these supposed to be relative to DocumentRoot?  Am I
missing something or are JkMount directives supposed to point to an absolute path?

The docs say those are DocumentRoot relative paths - or to be more
precise, those are URIs, just like "uri" section of
"workers2.properties" in mod_jk2. Coule it be that those directives are
inside a <Directory ...> and that *that* is causing file path to be
assumed, instead of URI?

Nix.