tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help with memory leak using Tomcat
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:56:41 GMT
Does your profiling tool tell you the classes of the objects being
created? Can you take a snapshot at two points in time, compare them and
see what is  different? If we know the class of the objects being
created, it gives us a pretty good pointer as to where to start looking.
Without this information, it is needle in haystack time.

If your profiler doesn't do this, you probably need to get a new profiler.

Mark