tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Römer <torsten.roe...@luniks.net>
Subject Re: Funny JAR file, WAS: Class.forName() gives NoClassDefFoundError
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 18:21:45 GMT
Just want to follow up on this.

Originally, the classes under /WEB-INF/classes were in a JAR file, which
I put in /WEB-INF/lib, but like this I always got NoClassDefFoundError.

So I thought there may be something wrong with the JAR file. I then
zipped the classes manually and replaced the JAR file with that. And see
there: No more NoClassDefFoundErrors.

The application JAR is, like the WAR file, created by an Ant task. It
can be opened/extracted without problems, but if I put it in Tomcat, I
always get NoClassDefFoundError. If I zip the classes manually, it works
just fine...

Is this an Ant or Tomcat issue?

Torsten