tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Diggins <>
Subject Re: percent in URL makes tomcat chocke
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 14:36:53 GMT
I think tomcat is behaving correctly...

You may have missed out an important fact about URLs... check out
"Universal Resource Identifiers in WWW"

       The percent sign ("%", ASCII 25 hex) is used as the escape
       character in the encoding scheme and is never allowed for anything

URL-escaping is different from html/sgml-escaping  (e.g. &#37; )

give that "%3a" is an escape for ":", then if something is asking for

then (I think) they are really asking for

so maybe you could "handle" a that in your tomcat webapp?

hope this indicates some directions to try...