tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Römer <torsten.roe...@luniks.net>
Subject Class.forName() gives NoClassDefFoundError
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 18:57:06 GMT
Hello!

I am currently trying to migrate a webbased cashregister system from BEA
Weblogic 6.1/JDK 1.3.1 to Tomcat 5.0.25/JDK 1.4.2. After making some
minor changes the application seems to work, and it also seems to run a
lot faster.

I have one problem though: The application does a lot of
Class.forName(), which occasionally fails with a NoClassDefFoundError.
One time everything seems to work fine, another time, after a restart of
Tomcat, I sometimes get this error.

In a pretty old post here I read that I have to add the classes in
question (they are all in WEB-INF/classes) to Tomcat's classpath, so
that the classloader can find them. Does this still apply? Or have I
overlooked some setting, that for example preloads classes or something
like that?

Greetings,
Torsten