tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Pariev <...@tnet.dp.ua>
Subject war redeployment problem
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 13:39:30 GMT
Hello.
    Sometimes while redeploing my app in tomcat I'm getting the
following error in catalina.out :

ERROR [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]]
ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(182) | Context initialization
failed
java.lang.InternalError: jzentry == 0,
 jzfile = 141476144,
 total = 41,
 name = /home/serega/tomcat/webapps/pcc/WEB-INF/lib/pcc-dao.jar,
 i = 9,
 message = invalid LOC header (bad signature)
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile$3.nextElement(ZipFile.java:430)
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile$3.nextElement(ZipFile.java:416)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile$1.nextElement(JarFile.java:214)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile$1.nextElement(JarFile.java:213)
        at
org.springframework.core.io.support.PathMatchingResourcePatternResolver.doFindPathMatchingJarResources(PathMatchingResourcePatternResolver.java:322)

It can be cured only by restarting tomcat and happens 2 or 3 times a day
on regular basis.

I'm using Tomcat 5.0.29 and set reloadable="true" in context.xml. I
think  it is issue with tomcat prematurely reloading wars, but I'm not
completely sure. I've searched tomcat-user mailing list on this error
but haven't found anything useful (a couple of unanswered posts  - for
example,
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=111398635120733&w=2 and
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=101183791105101&w=2
).
I also asked this question in Appfuse mailing list
(https://appfuse.dev.java.net/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=users&msgNo=6997)
and it looks like no one really knows how to workaround it.

Is this problem can be solved somehow or may be I should post this as a
bug in Bugzilla ?

Thanks in advance, Sergey