tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Wingfield <jon.wingfi...@mkodo.com>
Subject Re: JMX implementation - Tomcat 5.0.28
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 07:46:06 GMT
That's because it's hardcoded to look for jmx.jar. One jar, singular.
Sitting on my local dev machine I've got a jmx.jar which is a
concatenation of mx4j.jar and mx4j-tools.jar. It's a bit horrible but it
works.

There are other ways to do it:

1)
Add your jars to the bootstrap classpath by modifying setclasspath.bat
(assuming you're using the scripts not the service to start and stop tc).

2)
According to the release notes you can also change the manifest file in
the bootstrap.jar to point to your own jmx implementations.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
(just above the "Tomcat 5.0 and XML Parsers" section)

HTH,

Jon