tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Scott Dudley <>
Subject Re: WebappLoader and Auto-Detection of Class Changes
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:50:19 GMT

A gentleman responded on the dev list suggesting I have a look at the
modified() method.  My reply was as follows:

    I added an over-ridden modified() method to my classloader that also
    checks for changes to my added classes folders.  I see that checks only jars.

    Works like a charm.

Scott Dudley wrote:

> I extended to create a custom classloader to allow
> me to append an alternate set of class folders.  The loader works as
> intended but I noted that it doesn't detect any changes to these
> resources and call Context.reload() as is the case with
> WEB-INF/classes, lib, and any <WatchedResource> entries.  What am I
> missing.  Looking at and I fail to notice the
> mechanism which provides said functionality.
> Many thanks.

Scott Dudley

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: