tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Singleton <>
Subject binding 5.5.9 HTTP connector to specific IP address
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2005 21:34:10 GMT
I run 5.5.9 standalone under Fedora Core 3, and
have ten consecutive IP addresses on one NIC.

When I configure a standard HTTP connector without
any particular IP address, it seems to happily accept
requests on all these addresses (is this by design?)

When I configure it with the extra attribute

(not the real address) then Tomcat seems
to start up happily, and even spews reassuring INFO
msgs like

INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on ....

suggesting that it has done exactly what I hoped, but
requests to that IP address fail with "connection

What could be going wrong?

Paul Singleton

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: