tomcat-users mailing list archives

From jfc100 <jfc...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: apache2+mod_jk + ssl: howto
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2005 11:26:31 GMT
faisal wrote:

>i used mod_jk2 when i was integrating tomcat with apache2. i also tried my
>hands on mod_jk and i find mod_jk2 a bit simpler of the two.

I have been using mod_jk2 to forward requests on the httpd2 web server
to tomcat4 successfully - but this was before I tried to implement SSL.
Now that I am looking at how to configure things, I read that jk2 is no
longer supported and that all the new features unique to jk2 have been
included in jk. Seeing as you have it working,  lets assume for the rest
of this thread that I still want to get it working with jk2.

>regarding SSL, ur gonna ve to enable SSL on both server.

Does that mean generating the key stuff on both machines?

>apache2 on fedora
>core 3 comes SSL ebabled so i did't ve to do anything there.

I thought my httpd was SSL-enabled too but I couldn't find any ssl.conf
on my htttp machine. I found a mod_ssl.so file but no config. I didn't
know what to do about it.

>my java web
>application used SSL for user logins so i had to configure my tomcat to
>enable SSL (java jeystore and tomcat server.xml and stuff.)

This I did too and could access the tomcat install and successfully use
SSL in my app but I was still (and still am) stuck with setting up an
ssl-enabled httpd server and configuring it to act as a front to my
tomcat servlet engine.

>be carefull when redirecting user requests to HTTP to SSL or SSL to HTTP
>port on ur tomcat. use Apache web server ports instead of tomcat's
>port(which are 80 for http and 443 for https.)

why?

>how ur gonna integrate Apache web server - tomcat??
>u dont. AJPConnetor13 does it for u.
>
>u only ve to configure ur apache server to use mod_jk2 for ur web app
>requests. tomcat handles everything out of box(atleast newer one which we
>uses.)

which version of tomcat are you using?

Thanks!
jfc