tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Wall <d.w...@computer.org>
Subject JSP too big to compile?
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 20:31:19 GMT
We have a web page that contains many business documents laid out one
after the other so a user can just click print and have all of them
print together (with a stylesheet that starts each contract on its own
printed page).

But we seem to be having an error that the generated servlet code is too
big because of service method's try block is too long.

Is there anything I can tweak to allow this to be bigger for the java
compiler, or is this just a limit of Java in general?

Thanks,
David

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file
    [javac]
/home/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30/work/Standalone/localhost/app/application_jsp.java:8946:

compiler message file broken:
key=compiler.err.compiler.err.limit.code.too.large.for.try.stmt
arguments=null, null, null, null, null, null, null
    [javac]     } catch (Throwable t) {
    [javac]       ^
    [javac]
/home/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30/work/Standalone/localhost/app/application_jsp.java:1118:

compiler message file broken:
key=compiler.err.compiler.err.limit.code.too.large.for.try.stmt
arguments=null, null, null, null, null, null, null
    [javac]     try {
    [javac]         ^