tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Janet Dickson <ja...@bioss.sari.ac.uk>
Subject RemoteAddrValve
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 11:45:15 GMT
Hi

I'm trying to use RemoteAddrValve to restrict access to a website to a subnet in
Tomcat 4.1

Tried :
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve"
                 allow="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/25" />

but it doesnt seem to work as access from one of my IP addresses is forbidden.
Also, I dont seem to be able to put multiple addresses in the allow function ?

Also, can someone confirm whether it is necessary to restart the Tomcat server
(version 4.1) if I modify an .xml file in the webapps directory ?

Thanks for any help
--

	Janet

Janet Dickson                        | http://www.bioss.sari.ac.uk/~janet
Biomathematics & Statistics Scotland | email: janet <at> bioss.sari.ac.uk
The King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd    | Telephone: +44 (0) 131 650 4888
Edinburgh EH9 3JZ, Scotland, UK.     | Fax: +44 (0) 131 650 4901