tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Loucks <lou...@cofront.net>
Subject FarmWarDeployer and /META-INF/context.xml
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 02:50:21 GMT
When deploying with the FarmWarDeployer by droping a .war into the
watched directory, does the deployer even look at the
/META-INF/context.xml that's bundled in the war file? I had some
problems with deploying the root context (ROOT.war with path="" in the
bundled context.xml). It  would try to deploy the app twice, once at /
and once at /ROOT. I turned off auto deploy thinking it would solve the
problem, but now it only deploys under /ROOT. I tried again with another
app (test.war) and in context.xml I specified path="foobar". The
farmwardeployer deployed it as /test. When deploying normally with the
tomcat manager, it deploys as expected to /foobar.

I'm using tomcat 5.0.28.

I briefly looked at the FarmWarDeployer code and it didn't look like it
would be too difficualt to put in a hook into it to check if the name
equals  "ROOT" deploy to "/", but that won't resolve the issue of the
context.xml not being processed.

I took a look at conf/Catalina/local/ROOT.xml after deploying with the
farmdeployer noticed that it was indeed autogenerated. It doesn't
contain anything from my context.xml.

Has anyone else experienced this?