tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Zappala" <...@Bladelogic.com>
Subject RE: Specifying multiple, valid ciphers in standalone tomcat configuration 4.0.29
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 01:37:36 GMT
I'm going to answer my own question.

The cipher attribute is not support in tomcat 4.1.29.

Thanks,
-chris

________________________________

From: Chris Zappala
Sent: Wed 6/29/2005 1:52 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Specifying multiple, valid ciphers in standalone tomcat configuration 4.0.29

Hi,

I'm trying to specify a list of valid ciphers for a standalone tomcat
instance. I've scoured the FAQs, documentation, and googled until my
eyes bled.

I did find references to the RFC, and to the best of my knowledge, I am
specifying the ciphers in compliance with those specifications.

I know that the ciphers need to be specified in a comma-separated list.
However, what are the valid ciphers and/or cipher aliases that can be
specified? The configuration below does not appear to work. I'm assuming
this is an issue with the way I'm specifying the ciphers.

If someone could provide an example, I'd appreciate it.

Here is the relevant excerpt from my server.xml file (arrows point out
cipher attribute).

<Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">
        <Connector acceptCount="100"
            className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
            debug="0" disableUploadTimeout="true" enableLookups="true"
            maxProcessors="75" minProcessors="5" port="443"
            scheme="https" secure="true" useURIValidationHack="false">
            <Factory

className="org.apache.catalina.net.SSLServerSocketFactory"
                clientAuth="false"

---->ciphers="ALL,!ADH,!aNULL,!eNULL,!LOW,!EXP,RC4+RSA,+HIGH,+MEDIUM"<--
--
                keystoreFile="somefile"
                keystorePass="somepassword" protocol="TLS"/>

Thanks you kindly for any assistance.

-chris