tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Zappala" <...@Bladelogic.com>
Subject Specifying multiple, valid ciphers in standalone tomcat configuration 4.0.29
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:52:55 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to specify a list of valid ciphers for a standalone tomcat
instance. I've scoured the FAQs, documentation, and googled until my
eyes bled.

I did find references to the RFC, and to the best of my knowledge, I am
specifying the ciphers in compliance with those specifications.

I know that the ciphers need to be specified in a comma-separated list.
However, what are the valid ciphers and/or cipher aliases that can be
specified? The configuration below does not appear to work. I'm assuming
this is an issue with the way I'm specifying the ciphers.

If someone could provide an example, I'd appreciate it.

Here is the relevant excerpt from my server.xml file (arrows point out
cipher attribute).

<Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">
        <Connector acceptCount="100"
            className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
            debug="0" disableUploadTimeout="true" enableLookups="true"
            maxProcessors="75" minProcessors="5" port="443"
            scheme="https" secure="true" useURIValidationHack="false">
            <Factory

className="org.apache.catalina.net.SSLServerSocketFactory"
                clientAuth="false"

---->ciphers="ALL,!ADH,!aNULL,!eNULL,!LOW,!EXP,RC4+RSA,+HIGH,+MEDIUM"<--
--
                keystoreFile="somefile"
                keystorePass="somepassword" protocol="TLS"/>

Thanks you kindly for any assistance.

-chris