tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Greg Scott" <GregSc...@InfraSupportEtc.com>
Subject RE: Paths for JkMount
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 13:36:13 GMT
Thank you Luc -

My JkMount directives are inside an an included file, which is itself inside a <virtualhost>
directive in httpd.conf, almost at the bottom of section 3.  Why wouldn't this work?  The
idea was, if we decide to host more than one of these on the same system, we can put the JkMount
directives inside the appropriate <virtualhost> in http.conf.  Also note, I lifted this
arrangement right out of a working Apache 1.3 and Tomcat 3.3 setup.

Here are the relevant sections of httpd.conf and my include file.  I substituted the string,
"webname" for the real name of the site when it goes live:

[root@tcat-test conf]# tail httpd.conf -c 1090

# configuration.

#
# Use name-based virtual hosting.
#
#NameVirtualHost *:80

NameVirtualHost webname.greg.local:80

#
# NOTE: NameVirtualHost cannot be used without a port specifier
# (e.g. :80) if mod_ssl is being used, due to the nature of the
# SSL protocol.
#

<VirtualHost webname.greg.local>
     ServerAdmin GregScott@infraSupportetc.com
     DocumentRoot /var/www/html/webname/
###  ServerName www.webnamekids.org
     ServerName webname.greg.local
###  ServerAlias development.webnamekids.org staging.webnamekids.org
     include /etc/httpd/conf/webname.conf
</VirtualHost>

#
# VirtualHost example:
# Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
# The first VirtualHost section is used for requests without a known
# server name.
#
#<VirtualHost *:80>
#    ServerAdmin webmaster@dummy-host.example.com
#    DocumentRoot /www/docs/dummy-host.example.com
#    ServerName dummy-host.example.com
#    ErrorLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-error_log
#    CustomLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-access_log common
#</VirtualHost>
[root@tcat-test conf]#

And here is the include file:

[root@tcat-test conf]# more webname.conf
#
# www.webnamekids.com
#
###SetEnvIf Remote_Addr 10\.10\.10\.78 BADIP

LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combine

CustomLog "| /usr/sbin/rotatelogs /var/log/webname_access_log 259200" combin
ed env=!BADIP

###DocumentRoot /usr/local/websites/webname/
# Already setup in httpd.conf

##JkMount /servlets/* ajp13
##JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
##JkMount /*.do ajp13

##JkMount /servlets/* worker1
##JkMount /*.jsp worker1
##JkMount /*.do worker1

JkMount /var/www/html/webname/servlets/* worker1
JkMount /var/www/html/webname/*.jsp worker1
JkMount /var/www/html/webname/*.do worker1

#UserDir disabled

AddHandler server-parsed .html .shtml. htm

ErrorDocument 404 /notfound.html

#<Directory />
#    Options None
#    AllowOverride None
#</Directory>

# Note that from this point forward you must specifically allow
# particular features to be enabled - so if something's not working as
# you might expect, make sure that you have specifically enabled it
# below.

<Directory /var/www/html/webname/>
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes
    AllowOverride All
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.shtml index.jsp
</Directory>

# There have been reports of people trying to abuse an old bug from pre-1.1
# days.  This bug involved a CGI script distributed as a part of Apache.
# By uncommenting these lines you can redirect these attacks to a logging
# script on phf.apache.org.  Or, you can record them yourself, using the script
# support/phf_abuse_log.cgi.

<Location /cgi-bin/phf*>
    deny from all
    ErrorDocument 403 http://phf.apache.org/phf_abuse_log.cgi
</Location>

# You may place any other directories or locations you wish to have
# access information for after this one.

[root@tcat-test conf]#

Thanks

- Greg Scott