tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ikonne, Ike" <>
Subject RE: Installing SSL
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 20:52:03 GMT
Hi all,

You may use KeyTool GUI version 1.6.  This has been a life-saver
to me.  It works with different KeyStore formats and also lets you
Import Key Pairs.  Google for it, it is a windows-based keytool gui.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Caine []
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2005 3:45 PM
Subject: Installing SSL

I have reviewed the man pages and docs for keytool.  I
have used keytool to import  a certificate from a Certificate
authority.  Keytool seems to be lacking the option to import an
entire prexisting private/public key pair into a JKS format keystore.

Specifically I have a RSA private Key and public key files from an
existing SSL enabled site.  I would like to use the same keypair for
a Tomcat served site.  Keytool will import the public key, but gives
a parsing error when trying to import the RSA private key.

I am using OS X 10.4.1 (Tiger Server) and Tomcat version 5.5.7.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Stephen Caine
Soft Breeze Systems, LLC

To unsubscribe, e-mail: