tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hari Mailvaganam <hari...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sporadic problem connecting from Apache web server to Tomcat 5
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 00:06:22 GMT
Hi Amarish:

This could be a network or DNS issue.

regards,

Hari Mailvaganam

On 6/22/05, AAKhopkar@overnite.com <AAKhopkar@overnite.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I was wondering if anybody has seen an intermittent communication error
> between Apache web server and Tomcat. We were seeing something happening
> intermittentlyabout every 15-30 minutes where the apache logs were showing
> something like this:
>

> [Tue Jun 21 14:47:25 2005] [error] [client CLIENT_IP_ADDRESS] proxy: error
> reading status line from remote server MY IP ADDRESS, referer:
> https://blah.blah.blah/blah/blah.do
>

> [Tue Jun 21 14:47:25 2005] [error] [client CLIENT_IP_ADDRESS] proxy: Error
> reading from remote server returned by /blah/blah.do, referer:
> https://blah.blah.blah/blah/blah.do
>

> And neither the tomcat logs nor the tomcat access logs actually showed any
> entries around this time.
>

> Amarish
>

> NOTE:  THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND NONPUBLIC INFORMATION.  IT IS INTENDED
ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) OR ENTITY(IES) NAMED ABOVE, AND OTHERS SPECIFICALLY
AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE IT.  If you are not the intended recipient of this document, you are
notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately
by return email, delete the electronic message and destroy any printed copies.  Thank you
for your cooperation.