tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hari Mailvaganam <>
Subject Re: Scalability issue question
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 18:59:14 GMT
It can be a good idea to have it load balanced from a performance and
uptime point of view.

It is hard to absolutely decipher what each Tomcat can specifically
handle in terms of load. A load test, which emualates user actions,
may give you a ball park.

The dependencies are on network, server OS, memory, JVM etc.

Hari Mailvaganam

On 6/2/05, Wallace, Scott <> wrote:
> Currently using IIS and the ISAPI Tomcat redirect.   Would like to just
> use Tomcat instead but don't know if it can handle my static content.
> The book "Apache Tomcat 5" published by WROX warns of performance issues
> with static content, but ComputerWorld just did an article about
> running their site on multiple load balanced Tomcat servers
> servicing 18 million hits a day.
> ,00.html
> I currently only get around 250 k hits per day but we're about to
> integrate email with Livelink and that puts me into a whole new
> performance arena.   Any thoughts or guidance would be appreciated.
> Scott Wallace
> Livelink Global Infrastructure Coordinator
> 405-270-2027 wk
> 405-323-2237 cell
> 405-228-6027 fax
> "I have an existential map; it has 'you are here'
>  written all over it. " - Steven Wright
> Important Notice!!
> If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, any use, distribution or
copying of the message is prohibited.
> Please let me know immediately by return e-mail if you have received this message by
mistake, then delete the e-mail message.